Re: bpf: handling non BPF register names in inline assembly with -target bpf

From: Yonghong Song
Date: Wed Apr 11 2018 - 19:23:03 EST

On 4/11/18 4:17 PM, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote:
Em Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 04:47:29PM -0300, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo escreveu:
Em Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 12:22:37PM -0700, Yonghong Song escreveu:
Look at test bpf-script-test-kbuild.c, I think you can drop
uapi/asm/ptrace.h from include file list. This way, you do not need
__BPF__ in x86/include/asm/asm.h. At the same time, you can
remove __BPF__ as well.

That's even better, I'll try that approach, that code was done by
someone else, so I ended up not considering looking if removing a
unnecessary header would fix the issue, I'll check and if that works
I'll revert the patch that introduced that ifndef __BPF__.

So this is what I've pushed to my perf/core branch:

https://git.kernel.org/acme/c/707ba03243d2 (HEAD -> perf/core) Revert "x86/asm: Allow again using asm.h when building for the 'bpf' clang target"
https://git.kernel.org/acme/c/4364203f5563 pref tests bpf: Remove unused ptrace.h include from LLVM test

Looks good. Thank you!

Thanks,