Affinity for GIC irq line

From: valmiki
Date: Tue Apr 24 2018 - 23:23:26 EST

Hi all,

When an IRQ line is set affinity using irq_set_affinity, which calls irq_do_set_affinity, this API copies affinity mask to affinity variable in irq_common_data of this irq descriptor.

But as per ARM GICv2 document in order to drive a interrupt to a specific CPU we need to program GICD_ITARGETSRn register.

But irq_set_affinity isn't writing to this register.Please correct me if I'm wrong i did not find code for this register being updated in irq_set_affinity flow.
So how affinity is being set for an IRQ line ?

If affinity was set successfully on what CPU does asm_do_IRQ run ?
For every interrupt this runs on CPU0 and then FIQ/IRQ handling is scheduled on different CPU as per affinity ?
How the respective irq line handler is handled on specific CPU core ?

Regards,
Valmiki

---