Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the qcom tree

From: Evan Green
Date: Wed Apr 25 2018 - 23:41:04 EST

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 3:42 PM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi Andy,

> After merging the qcom tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
> allmodconfig) failed like this:

> ERROR: "geni_se_select_mode" [drivers/tty/serial/qcom_geni_serial.ko]
undefined!
> ERROR: "geni_se_init" [drivers/tty/serial/qcom_geni_serial.ko] undefined!
> ERROR: "geni_se_config_packing" [drivers/tty/serial/qcom_geni_serial.ko]
undefined!
> ERROR: "geni_se_resources_off" [drivers/tty/serial/qcom_geni_serial.ko]
undefined!
> ERROR: "geni_se_resources_on" [drivers/tty/serial/qcom_geni_serial.ko]
undefined!

> Probably caused by commit

> eddac5af0654 ("soc: qcom: Add GENI based QUP Wrapper driver")

> I have used the qcom tree from next-20180424 for today.

> --
> Cheers,
> Stephen Rothwell

Guenter and I had a fix for compile test here, which had failures that
looked similar:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/4/18/752

I was hoping to verify myself whether or not this fixed allmodconfig, but
my machine at home is not so fast, and I must be missing something, either
in the configuration or the tree. Which tree exactly are you building?
-Evan