Re: Makefile:636: arch/score/Makefile: No such file or directory

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Thu Apr 26 2018 - 03:15:10 EST

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 4:23 AM, kbuild test robot <lkp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Arnd,
>
> FYI, the error/warning still remains.
>
> tree: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git master
> head: 26ed24e429d89e045e5eb2d2b75215244347b7f2
> commit: b8c9c8f0190f4004d3d4364edb2dea5978dfc824 arch: remove score port
> date: 7 weeks ago
> config: score-spct6600_defconfig

Please stop trying to build the removed architectures: tile, blackfin,
metag, m32r, frv, mn10300, cris and score.

https://lwn.net/Articles/748074/ has details about why this broke.

Note that we do have a few new architectures that you may want
to add if you haven't done this already: nds32 and riscv were added
this year, and a couple of older architectures that didn't have upstream
gcc releases now have those, and I uploaded gcc binaries to
https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool/.

This should allow building everything we have in the kernel now.
Unfortunately the nds32 toolchain I uploaded is a little incomplete,
but I have a gcc-6.4 build that (mostly) works and gcc-8 should
be fine as well once it gets released.

Arnd