Re: [Ksummit-discuss] bug-introducing patches

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Thu May 03 2018 - 14:46:16 EST

On Thu, May 03, 2018 at 06:12:36PM +0000, Sasha Levin via Ksummit-discuss wrote:

> For example, how about extending the release cycle until the amount of
> fixes for regressions introduced in the current merge window drops under
> a certain thershold? (so go to -rc20 if we need to).

Reminds me of what happened at a previous employer. We had a hard rule that
a product shall not be released unless it has no more than 2 severe or
critical bugs. Solution: Stop testing 2-3 weeks ahead of the scheduled
release day.

Here: We don't want to see -rc20. Solution: Stop applying bug fixes
at -rcX.

Guenter