Re: Introduce atomic_dec_and_lock_irqsave()

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Fri May 04 2018 - 12:21:13 EST

On Fri, May 04, 2018 at 06:07:26PM +0200, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:

> do you intend to kill refcount_dec_and_lock() in the longterm?

You meant to say atomic_dec_and_lock() ? Dunno if we ever get there, but
typically dec_and_lock is fairly refcounty, but I suppose it is possible
to have !refcount users, in which case we're eternally stuck with it.

But a quick look at the sites you converted, they all appear to be true
refcounts, and would thus benefit from being converted to refcount_t.