RE: [alsa-devel] Timeout issues in wait_for_avail function

From: Zengtao (B)
Date: Thu May 31 2018 - 03:43:24 EST

Hi Takashi:

Thank you for your reply.

It really happens on my platform, and anyway 10 seconds timeout seems
not a reasonable value. And I don't there is any guarantee that there must be avail
data when we reach wait_for_avail, in fact, inside the wait_for_avail, there is branch
when no data is available.

>You can check the tracepoints to see the action of PCM stream, and confirm
>whether it's really no data, or it's just lost by some reason (or looks as if so).

I trace the data flow, we reach the wait_for_avail function before the usb snd data arrives,
so we wait until 10 seconds timeout.

>Takashi

Regards
Zengtao