Re: [GIT PULL] fscrypt updates for 4.18

From: Theodore Y. Ts'o
Date: Tue Jun 05 2018 - 18:12:57 EST

On Tue, Jun 05, 2018 at 01:22:41PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> You have the tag *message* for fscrypt, but then the commit it points
> to has nothing to do with fscrypt.
>
> I think you tagged the wrong branch.

Yeah, sorry. I used git shortlog when I was examining the branch to
compose the tag message, and then I have a semi-automated script which
generates the pull request. And I failed to check the arguments to
the script, as well as the output of the script. :-(

Trying again, here you go.....

The following changes since commit 75bc37fefc4471e718ba8e651aa74673d4e0a9eb:

Linux 4.17-rc4 (2018-05-06 16:57:38 -1000)

are available in the Git repository at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tytso/fscrypt.git tags/fscrypt_for_linus

for you to fetch changes up to e1cc40e5d42acb1d99652babb17e6a5ee4247409:

fscrypt: log the crypto algorithm implementations (2018-05-20 16:36:00 -0400)

Add bunch of cleanups, and add support for the Speck128/256
algorithms. Yes, Speck is contrversial, but the intention is to use
them only for the lowest end Android devices, where the alternative
*really* is no encryption at all for data stored at rest.

Eric Biggers (18):
fscrypt: use unbound workqueue for decryption
fs, fscrypt: only define ->s_cop when FS_ENCRYPTION is enabled
fscrypt: clean up after fscrypt_prepare_lookup() conversions
fscrypt: remove unnecessary NULL check when allocating skcipher
fscrypt: remove error messages for skcipher_request_alloc() failure
fscrypt: remove stale comment from fscrypt_d_revalidate()
fscrypt: don't clear flags on crypto transform
fscrypt: don't special-case EOPNOTSUPP from fscrypt_get_encryption_info()
fscrypt: drop max_namelen check from fname_decrypt()
fscrypt: drop empty name check from fname_decrypt()
fscrypt: make fscrypt_operations.max_namelen an integer
fscrypt: remove unnecessary check for non-logon key type
fscrypt: remove internal key size constants
fscrypt: use a common logging function
fscrypt: separate key lookup from key derivation
fscrypt: only derive the needed portion of the key
fscrypt: add Speck128/256 support
fscrypt: log the crypto algorithm implementations

Documentation/filesystems/fscrypt.rst | 10 ++
fs/crypto/crypto.c | 47 +++++--
fs/crypto/fname.c | 32 ++---
fs/crypto/fscrypt_private.h | 23 ++--
fs/crypto/hooks.c | 5 +-