Re: Ryzen 2700 Temperature offset?

From: Kai-Heng Feng
Date: Sat Jun 09 2018 - 15:04:03 EST

at 23:49, Guenter Roeck <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Jun 07, 2018 at 11:03:13AM +0800, Kai Heng Feng wrote:
Hi Guenter,

A user thinks the Ryzen 2700 temperature may not be correct [1].
Can you take a look when you have time? Thanks.

Also, where can I find all these temperature offsets? I googled but with no
result.
Problem is that the offsets are not documented in public, making it
difficult to find out. For Ryzen 2700, there is currently no offset
configured; I was told that there is none. For Ryzen 2700X, the offset
is 10 degrees C.

I am still quite interesting where you get this information...

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1774817

The key here is the commit mentioned in the log (1b59788979acd). It does
not only adjust the per-CPU offset, but also takes a configurable offset
of 49 degrees C into account. You'll need to apply that patch in your
kernel, or the temperature may be off by 49 degrees C.

So unless AMD shares these offsets value, we can never know what correct offsets are?

Kai-Heng

Hope this helps. If not, please let me know. Note that I am travelling;

Guenter