Re: what trees/branches to test on syzbot

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Jun 09 2018 - 18:19:20 EST

On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 11:36 PM Tetsuo Handa
<penguin-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2018/01/22 22:32, Dmitry Vyukov wrote:
> >
> > FTR I've just dropped linux-next and mmots from syzbot.
>
> I hope that we can test linux-next on syzbot, as a tree for testing debug
> printk() patches.

I think it would be lovely to get linux-next back eventually, but it
sounds like it's just too noisy right now, and yes, we should have a
baseline for the standard tree first.

But once there's a "this is known for the baseline", I think adding
linux-next back in and then maybe even have linux-next simply just
kick out trees that cause problems would be a good idea.

Right now linux-next only kicks things out based on build issues (or
extreme merge issues), afaik. But it *would* be good to also have
things like syzbot do quality control on linux-next.

Because the more things get found and fixed before they even hit my
tree, the better.

Linus