[PATCH v3 00/12] macintosh: Resolve various PMU driver problems
From: Finn Thain
Date: Wed Jun 13 2018 - 06:39:54 EST
This series of patches has the following aims.
1) Eliminate duplicated code. Linux presently has two drivers for
the 68HC05-based PMU devices found in Macs: via-pmu and via-pmu68k.
There's no value in having separate PMU drivers for each architecture.
2) Avoid further work on via-pmu68k that's not needed for via-pmu.
3) Fix some bugs in the via-pmu driver.
4) Enable the /dev/pmu and /proc/pmu/* userspace APIs on m68k Macs
by adopting via-pmu.
5) Improve stability on early 100-series PowerBooks by loading no PMU
driver at all. Neither via-pmu nor via-pmu68k supports the early
M50753-based PMU device found in these models.
6) Eliminate duplicated RTC accessors for PMU and Cuda. Presently these
can be found under both arch/m68k and arch/powerpc.
7) Assist the out-of-tree NuBus PowerMac port to support PMU designs
shared with the m68k Mac port (e.g. PowerBooks 190 and 5300).
This patch series has been regression tested on various PowerBooks
(190, 520, 3400, Pismo G3) and PowerMacs (Beige G3, G5). These patches
did not affect userland utilities. (Note that there is a userland-
visible change to the contents of /proc/pmu/interrupts.)
Changed since v1:
1) Added blank lines after 'break' statements in patch 10.
2) Improved patch description for patch 3.
3) Added reviewed-by tags.
4) Split patch 8 to make code review easier.
Changed since v2:
1) Added reviewed-by tag.
2) Retained PMU_68K_V1 and PMU_68K_V2 symbols.
Finn Thain (12):
macintosh/via-pmu: Fix section mismatch warning
macintosh/via-pmu: Add missing mmio accessors
macintosh/via-pmu: Don't clear shift register interrupt flag twice
macintosh/via-pmu: Enhance state machine with new 'uninitialized'
macintosh/via-pmu: Replace via pointer with via1 and via2 pointers
macintosh/via-pmu: Add support for m68k PowerBooks
macintosh/via-pmu: Make CONFIG_PPC_PMAC Kconfig deps explicit
macintosh/via-pmu68k: Don't load driver on unsupported hardware
macintosh/via-pmu: Replace via-pmu68k driver with via-pmu driver
macintosh: Use common code to access RTC
macintosh/via-pmu: Clean up interrupt statistics
macintosh/via-pmu: Disambiguate interrupt statistics
arch/m68k/configs/mac_defconfig | 2 +-
arch/m68k/configs/multi_defconfig | 2 +-
arch/m68k/mac/config.c | 2 +-
arch/m68k/mac/misc.c | 118 +----
arch/powerpc/platforms/powermac/time.c | 74 +--
drivers/macintosh/Kconfig | 19 +-
drivers/macintosh/Makefile | 1 -
drivers/macintosh/adb.c | 2 +-
drivers/macintosh/via-cuda.c | 34 ++
drivers/macintosh/via-pmu.c | 378 ++++++++++-----
drivers/macintosh/via-pmu68k.c | 850 ---------------------------------
include/linux/cuda.h | 3 +
include/linux/pmu.h | 3 +
include/uapi/linux/pmu.h | 4 +-
14 files changed, 313 insertions(+), 1179 deletions(-)
delete mode 100644 drivers/macintosh/via-pmu68k.c