Re: [GIT PULL] KVM changes for 4.18 merge window

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Jun 13 2018 - 10:00:54 EST

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 4:00 AM Vitaly Kuznetsov <vkuznets@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This was reported before by Arnd Bergmann:
>
> https://www.spinics.net/lists/kvm/msg169536.html
>
> but it seems his patch got lost.

So I think his patch is closer to what the code *should* do. Mine was
a big ugly #if around the whole thing, but I really think that *all*
those

if (static_branch_unlikely(&enable_evmcs)...

cases should probably be using IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_HYPERV) too.

Preferably by simply having a helper macro or inline function to do both tests.

I intentionally did just he big brute-force thing, I'm hoping the kvm
hyper-v people will clean this up.

But obviously this also showed a lack of testing.

Linus