Re: wmi: usercopy: Kernel memory overwrite attempt detected to spans multiple pages (offset 0, size 4104)

From: valdis . kletnieks
Date: Sun Jun 17 2018 - 19:03:37 EST

On Sun, 17 Jun 2018 22:30:27 +0300, Mihai DonÈ?u said:

> Your patch works OK for me, thank you. The libsmbios tool, however, not
> so much. It appears to be behind latest developments.
>
> # echo "+keyboard" >/sys/class/leds/dell\:\:kbd_backlight/start_triggers
>
> is all that is needed today.

If you're ever in this remote corner of southwest Virginia, I owe you a beverage.
I was going bonkers trying to figure out why my Dell Latitude's keyboard no
longer had a backlight... (and wondering if I was going to need to replace it
*again* - this laptop is 5 years old and on its third keyboard already)