Re: [GIT PULL] HID fixes

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Wed Jun 20 2018 - 00:20:05 EST

On Wed, 20 Jun 2018, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> What is that odd binary blob i2c_hid_desc_override, and where does the
> data come from? Not explained anywhere.

Fair enough; it's a pretty standard HID descriptor override, but you're
right that we're usually replacing it in a bit more verbose way. Julian,
could you please run that descriptor through something like HID descriptor
tool, and send me a patch that reformats it? (for the way we usually do
this, look for example in hid-sony.c).

I'll drop this commit and resend the pull request (as namely the steam fix
really should go in).

The plan eventually is to offload all this crazy rdesc replacing to
userspace, but that is still WIP.

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina