Re: linux-next: Tree for Jun 20 (kernel/auditsc.c)

From: Ondrej Mosnacek
Date: Thu Jun 21 2018 - 03:33:52 EST

st 20. 6. 2018 o 22:00 Paul Moore <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> napÃsal(a):

> On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 11:48 AM Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On 06/19/2018 09:42 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Changes since 20180619:
> > >

> > on x86_64:
> >
> > kernel/auditsc.o: In function `audit_filter_rules.isra.20':
> > auditsc.c:(.text+0x8c5): undefined reference to `groups_search'
> > auditsc.c:(.text+0x909): undefined reference to `groups_search'
> >

> > Reported-by: Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> > Full randconfig file is attached.
>
> Thanks Randy.
>
> I believe the issue is that when CONFIG_MULTIUSER is not enabled
> groups.{c.o} is not included. Ondrej, please look into this and
> submit a fix as soon as possible, thank you.

I'm working on it, stay tuned... It should be an easy fix, but it will
(likely) need changes outside the audit code. We could work around it
locally, of course, but since this is just in -next, I believe it's
worth to fix it properly.

Cheers,
--
Ondrej Mosnacek <omosnace at redhat dot com>
Associate Software Engineer, Security Technologies