RE: [RFC] Configure i.MX6 RGMII pad group control registers from device tree

From: A.s. Dong
Date: Sun Jun 24 2018 - 00:23:46 EST

Copy Andy & Frank,

Yes, there's a few special pad group ctrl registers (e.g. DRAM and RGMII for mx6q)
which are not added In the pinctrl driver support.

> How should we deal with boards that need to configure some pad
> characteristics available only through the pad group control registers?

Andy,
How do we handle it internally?

> I also raised this question at the NXP community forum [1] and get quite
> unsatisfying answer so far. I would love to find/implement a proper and
> universal solution.

There're probably two ways to do it:
1) handle it in fec driver by parsing a specific property
2) Add a new pad group into pinctrl driver support
e.g.
MX6Q_PAD_CTL_GRP_RGMII_TERM
MX6Q_PAD_CTL_GRP_DDR_TYPE_RGMII

I may prefer to 2).