Re: ACPI support in common clock framework

From: Stephen Boyd
Date: Mon Jun 25 2018 - 12:37:57 EST

Quoting Rafael J. Wysocki (2018-06-16 08:50:18)
> On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 7:43 PM, Stephen Boyd <sboyd@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Is this for clk_enable/disable? What about clk_set_rate() or
> > clk_set_phase()? Is ACPI's AML taking care of that?
>
> That's for clk_enable/disable AFAICS.
>
> AML doesn't manage device performance states at all.

Alright. We may need to add a better way for device drivers to get
handles to clk pointers on ACPI firmware so they can change frequencies
or phase, etc. Right now it's all through clkdev and it looks to be
mostly based on string matching of connection names instead of
associating clks with devices.