Re: [Qemu-devel] Linux kernel configurations for various Microblaze systems

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Wed Jun 27 2018 - 20:34:27 EST

Hi Edgar,

On 06/27/2018 03:47 PM, Edgar E. Iglesias wrote:

Hi Guenter,

Re: ml605
The thing to watch out for with kernel configs for microblaze systems is the
physmem address setting. Unfortunately the kernel does not auto-detect this.

I'm attaching a kernelconfig for the ml605 that works for me and a qemu commandline.

qemu-system-microblazeel -M petalogix-ml605 -m 256 -serial mon:stdio -dtb petalogix-ml605.dtb -kernel arch/microblaze/boot/linux.bin -append rdinit=/bin/sh

Can you also send me the dtb file or even better its source ? I don't think
the one in qemu is correct. It lists the serial port at 0x83e00000, but qemu
instantiates it at 0x83e01000.

Re: pmu
The PMU board does not run Linux, it runs baremetal power-management related firmware.

Ah, good to know.

Thanks!
Guenter