RE: [RFC] x86, tsc: Add kcmdline args for skipping tsc calibration sequences

From: Brown, Len
Date: Fri Jul 13 2018 - 22:41:26 EST

We disabled CPUID-based TSC calibration on SKX in December for several reasons.
If you still have it enabled, you need this patch:

commit b511203093489eb1829cb4de86e8214752205ac6
x86/tsc: Fix erroneous TSC rate on Skylake Xeon

If you are referring to another platform that has CPUID-TSC calibration...
it should still work on an over-clocked system. Over-clocked platforms should
use exactly the same reference crystal as non-overclocked platforms, but should
modify the crystal/core multiplier. If you are changing the reference
crystal, then I believe you are using an un-supported hardware configuration,
and my ability to support you is limited.

-Len