Re: AMD-Vi: Decrease time of enabling lazy IO/TLB flushing

From: Jörg Rödel
Date: Fri Jul 20 2018 - 08:34:54 EST

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 06:07:07PM +0200, Paul Menzel wrote:
> On a MSI B350M MORTAR with AMD Ryzen 3 2200g (Raven) with Linux 4.18-rc5+
> and Debian Sid/unstable `pci_iommu_init` takes 40 ms according to
> `initcall_debug`.

40ms is a lot indeed, but IOMMU initialization is also a complex process
which includes scanning ACPI tables, allocating memory, flushing
hardware caches (which probably accounts for a fair amount of the time
needed).

Would be good if someone can come up with patches to improve the
situation here, as I don't know when I will find the time to look into
that.

Thanks,

Joerg