Re: [REPORT] Possible unnecessary usages of GFP_ATOMIC in crypto/ablkcipher.c

From: Jia-Ju Bai
Date: Mon Jul 23 2018 - 03:19:49 EST

On 2018/7/23 14:21, Herbert Xu wrote:
On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 10:39:40AM +0800, Jia-Ju Bai wrote:
My tool DCNS reports three unnecessary usages of GFP_ATOMIC in
crypto/ablkcipher.c:
crypto/ablkcipher.c, 162: kmalloc(GFP_ATOMIC) in ablkcipher_next_slow
crypto/ablkcipher.c, 199: kmalloc(GFP_ATOMIC) in ablkcipher_copy_iv
crypto/ablkcipher.c, 315: kmalloc(GFP_ATOMIC) in setkey_unaligned

I meant to manually check the code, but I find that there are many functions
calling ablkcipher_next_slow(),
ablkcipher_copy_iv() and setkey_unaligned(), so I am not sure whether the
above three reports are true.

Could someone help me to validate these reports?
Thanks a lot in advance :)
They must use GFP_ATOMIC because they can be called from softirq
context, e.g., IPsec.

Okay, thanks for the reply.

Best wishes,
Jia-Ju Bai