Re: [GIT PULL] sound updates for 4.19-rc1

From: Takashi Iwai
Date: Thu Aug 16 2018 - 01:29:22 EST

On Thu, 16 Aug 2018 04:08:04 +0200,
Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 7:05 PM Joe Perches <joe@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Why does the commit change snd_hda_gen_add_micmute_led
> > to return 0; instead of return 1;
> >
> > That bit looks wrong.
>
> Well, it changes the comment too, and is clearly intentional.
>
> I guess the logic was to have the usual "0 for success, negative for
> error" logic.
>
> Which is good - but dammit, when you change the return value, you
> should definitely check and update all the callers.
>
> Because yes, updating the call in alc_fixup_dell_wmi() fixes the
> problem for me.
>
> Grr. I wasted a fair amount of time on this.

Doh, sorry for the trouble.
Could you give alsa-info.sh output? Most distros already installed
the script, or it can be taken from
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-info.sh

Run the script with --no-upload option and attach the output.
It allows me to run the emulator with your configuration, so I can
debug more certainly.

thanks,

Takashi