Re: [ANNOUNCE] Git v2.19.0-rc0

From: Stefan Beller
Date: Mon Aug 20 2018 - 18:41:37 EST

> * The conversion to pass "the_repository" and then "a_repository"
> throughout the object access API continues.

[...]
> * The conversion to pass "the_repository" and then "a_repository"
> throughout the object access API continues.

I guess it continues twice as two large series were merged? ;-)
sb/object-store-grafts
sb/object-store-lookup

The latter one is not the correct one, as later we'll have

* lookup_commit_reference() and friends have been updated to find
in-core object for a specific in-core repository instance.

> * "git submodule" did not correctly adjust core.worktree setting that
> indicates whether/where a submodule repository has its associated
> working tree across various state transitions, which has been
> corrected.
> (merge 984cd77ddb sb/submodule-core-worktree later to maint).

Personally I do not view this as a bug fix but a feature
(but then again my thinking might be tainted of too much
submodule work) hence I would not merge it down.

Stefan