[PATCH v5 00/10] hwmon and fsi: Add On-Chip Controller Driver
From: Eddie James
Date: Thu Aug 30 2018 - 17:32:56 EST
This series adds a hwmon driver to support the OCC on POWER8 and POWER9
processors. The OCC is an embedded processor that provides realtime power and
thermal monitoring and management.
The series also adds a "bus" driver to handle atomic communication between the
service processor and the OCC on a POWER9 chip. This communication takes place
over FSI bus to the SBE (Self-Boot engine) FIFO, which in turn communicates
with the OCC. The driver for the SBEFIFO is already available as an FSI client
For POWER8 OCCs, communication between the service processor and the OCC is
achieved over I2C bus.
Changes since v4:
* Make the hwmon attributes conform almost completely to standard names and
values. The only exception is powerX_cap_user and powerX_cap_user_source.
* Improve hwmon documentation.
* Add ibm,p9-occ dt documentation.
Changes since v3:
* Add the FSI OCC driver.
* Pull the sysfs attribute code into it's own file for cleanliness.
* Various fixes for attribute creation and integer overflow.
Changes since v2:
* Add sysfs_notify for the error and throttling attributes when change is
* Removed occs_present counting of devices bound.
* Improved remove() of P9 driver to avoid bad behavior with relation to OCC
driver when unbound.
* Added default cases (return EINVAL) for all sensor show functions.
* Added temperature fault sensor.
* Added back dt binding documentation for P9 to address checkpatch warning.
* Added occs_present attribute from the poll response.
Changes since v1:
* Remove wait loop in P9 code, as that is now handled by FSI OCC driver.
* Removed dt binding documentation for P9, FSI OCC driver will probe OCC hwmon
* Moved OCC response code definitions to the OCC include file.
* Fixed includes.
* Changed some structure fields to __beXX as that is what they are.
* Changed some errnos.
* Removed some dev_err().
* Refactored P8 code a bit to use #defined addresses and magic values, and
changed "goto retry" to a loop.
* Refactored error handling a bit.
Eddie James (10):
dt-bindings: fsi: Add P9 OCC device documentation
fsi: Add On-Chip Controller (OCC) driver
Documentation: hwmon: Add OCC documentation
dt-bindings: i2c: Add P8 OCC hwmon device documentation
hwmon: Add On-Chip Controller (OCC) hwmon driver
hwmon (occ): Add command transport method for P8 and P9
hwmon (occ): Parse OCC poll response
hwmon (occ): Add sensor types and versions
hwmon (occ): Add sensor attributes and register hwmon device
hwmon (occ): Add sysfs attributes for additional OCC data
.../devicetree/bindings/fsi/ibm,p9-occ.txt | 15 +
.../devicetree/bindings/i2c/ibm,p8-occ-hwmon.txt | 25 +
Documentation/hwmon/occ | 112 ++
drivers/fsi/Kconfig | 10 +
drivers/fsi/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/fsi/fsi-occ.c | 599 +++++++++++
drivers/hwmon/Kconfig | 2 +
drivers/hwmon/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/hwmon/occ/Kconfig | 28 +
drivers/hwmon/occ/Makefile | 11 +
drivers/hwmon/occ/common.c | 1098 ++++++++++++++++++++
drivers/hwmon/occ/common.h | 128 +++
drivers/hwmon/occ/p8_i2c.c | 255 +++++
drivers/hwmon/occ/p9_sbe.c | 106 ++
drivers/hwmon/occ/sysfs.c | 188 ++++
include/linux/fsi-occ.h | 25 +
16 files changed, 2604 insertions(+)
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/fsi/ibm,p9-occ.txt
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/i2c/ibm,p8-occ-hwmon.txt
create mode 100644 Documentation/hwmon/occ
create mode 100644 drivers/fsi/fsi-occ.c
create mode 100644 drivers/hwmon/occ/Kconfig
create mode 100644 drivers/hwmon/occ/Makefile
create mode 100644 drivers/hwmon/occ/common.c
create mode 100644 drivers/hwmon/occ/common.h
create mode 100644 drivers/hwmon/occ/p8_i2c.c
create mode 100644 drivers/hwmon/occ/p9_sbe.c
create mode 100644 drivers/hwmon/occ/sysfs.c
create mode 100644 include/linux/fsi-occ.h