Re: [RFC 02/13] iommu: Introduce tlb_invalidate API

From: Auger Eric
Date: Fri Aug 31 2018 - 10:07:41 EST

Hi Jean-Philippe,

On 08/31/2018 03:17 PM, Jean-Philippe Brucker wrote:
> On 23/08/18 13:17, Eric Auger wrote:
>> +/**
>> + * Translation cache invalidation information, contains generic IOMMU
>> + * data which can be parsed based on model ID by model specific drivers.
>> + * Since the invalidation of second level page tables are included in the
>> + * unmap operation, this info is only applicable to the first level
>> + * translation caches, i.e. DMA request with PASID.
>> + *
>> + * @granularity: requested invalidation granularity, type dependent
>> + * @size: 2^size of 4K pages, 0 for 4k, 9 for 2MB, etc.
>> + * @nr_pages: number of pages to invalidate
>> + * @pasid: processor address space ID value per PCI spec.
>> + * @addr: page address to be invalidated
>> + * @flags IOMMU_INVALIDATE_ADDR_LEAF: leaf paging entries
>> + * IOMMU_INVALIDATE_GLOBAL_PAGE: global pages
>> + *
>> + */
>> +struct iommu_tlb_invalidate_info {
>> + struct iommu_tlb_invalidate_hdr hdr;
>> + enum iommu_inv_granularity granularity;
>> + __u32 flags;
>> +#define IOMMU_INVALIDATE_ADDR_LEAF (1 << 0)
>> +#define IOMMU_INVALIDATE_GLOBAL_PAGE (1 << 1)
>> + __u8 size;
>> + __u64 nr_pages;
>> + __u32 pasid;
>> + __u64 addr;
>> +};
>> #endif /* _UAPI_IOMMU_H */
>
> Since the ioctl will be used to combine invalidations (invalidate both
> ATC and TLB with a single call), we need an additional ASID field for
> the SMMU - ATC is invalidated by PASID, TLB by ASID. I used to call it
> "tag", but I'm leaning towards "arch_id" now
> (http://www.linux-arm.org/git?p=linux-jpb.git;a=commitdiff;h=40fdef74816dd8d8d113100b9e0162fab4cec28d)

I aknowledge I am not crystal clear about that. for a given iommu_domain
don't you have a single asid. Can't you retrieve the asid from the
iommu_domain/arm_smmu_domain/arm_smmu_s1_cfg/arm_smmu_ctx_desc.asid?
Here again I am confused bout the dual iommu_domain/struct device
parameters.

I have another trouble while doing the QEMU integration.
When the guests does an NH_ALL, this propagates an invalidation on the
whole IPA range and we must discriminate that from regular NH_VA calls.
How would you encode the NH_ALL with this API?

Besides I discover you work on virtio-iommu/stage2 enablement ;-)

Thanks

Eric