Question: How to switch a process namespace by nsfs "device" and inode number directly?

From: Chengdong Li
Date: Mon Sep 10 2018 - 04:51:04 EST

Hi folks,

I am getting stuck by the lack of approach to switch process namespace by nsfs "device" and inode number in user-space, for example (mnt: 0xf0000000)

From my best understanding, the normal way to do that is by setns system call. But setns only accept fd that refer to a opened namespace, sometimes we couldn't get it.

For example:Â After perf record, perf report couldn't work well once the process that runs inside a container has exited, as the /proc/pid/ns doesn't exist anymore after process exit.

Any comments are welcome!

Thanks,

Chengdong