Re: [REGRESSION] Errors at reboot after 722e5f2b1eec

From: Takashi Iwai
Date: Tue Sep 11 2018 - 07:55:49 EST

On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 13:01:11 +0200,
Borislav Petkov wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 12:51:32PM +0200, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> > that may help in principle, so any chance to try them on the affected
> > systems?
>
> Right, and I don't recall James trying the upstream kernel on his box.

It was tested on 4.18.5, but not with 4.19-rc, AFAIK.

> James?

Yep, James, please test the kernel in OBS Kernel:HEAD (or IBS
Devel:Kernel:master) repo for testing the latest 4.19-rc3.

I'm building a test kernel in IBS home:tiwai:test:shutdown-fix repo
containing the three patches Rafael suggested. If the kernel above
still shows the problem, try my test kernel to see whether it changes
anything.

thanks,

Takashi