Re: [BUG] [Resend] Possible sleep-in-atomic-context bugs involving regmap_lock_mutex()

From: Jia-Ju Bai
Date: Wed Sep 12 2018 - 23:18:32 EST

Thanks for the reply :)

On 2018/9/11 1:41, Mark Brown wrote:
On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 10:34:20AM +0800, Jia-Ju Bai wrote:

My static tool DSAC reports many sleep-in-atomic-context bugs involving
regmap_lock_mutex(), so I wonder whether this function is possible to be
executed in atomic context.
Have you actually analyzed the code paths that are really taken here?
Static tools really don't cope very well with the pluggable locking in
regmap. If there are problems I'd suggest reporting them to the authors
of the drivers using them, it's not really anything to do with regmap if
they've messed up their locking.

Okay, I will send the reports to the developers for these drivers.

Best wishes,
Jia-Ju Bai