Re: Code of Conduct: Let's revamp it.

From: \\0xDynamite
Date: Sun Sep 23 2018 - 14:55:44 EST

>> Contributors can, at any time, rescind the license grant regarding their
>> property via written notice to those whom they are rescinding the grant
>> from (regarding their property (code)).
>
> I know others have already said it, but:
> This is legally nonsense. The only way I can revoke someone's rights to
> my code under the GPL is if they violate the terms of the GPL. If I
> were to do so otherwise, then _I_ would be in violation for having
> distributed derived works of the kernel without a GPL, not to mention
> the obvious reliance/estoppel problems.

Actually, like Chris Conrad said, this isn't necessarily the case --
even though you are *contractually* right.

The problem is -- that no one *signed* that contract. These are
gentle/wo/men's agreements. They are essentially the same as a
click-wrap agreement in terms of enforceability.

That being said, there is still legal recourse, just as there was/is
with click-wrap agreements. It's just not clear how much.

Mark Janssen, JD