Re: [DNG] Fwd: Re: Code of Conduct: Let's revamp it.

From: gratuitouslicensesarerevocable
Date: Mon Sep 24 2018 - 22:12:21 EST

What's so terrible about some preliminary pro-bono work to help exploited or soon-to-be exploited IT workers?
It's a magnanimous act of mercy.
Are you galled that said help doesn't run your way?
I will admit, I don't know the local barristers' "Code of Conduct" backwards nor forwards, and, like the Linux CoC, I care not for those things attempting to restrict one's civil liberties (such as freedom to speak, think, oppose the mastery of women over males, etc, ),
and I'm sure being anti-feminist and pro-marry-young-girls (as permitted by YHWH in Devarim chapter 22, verse 28 (na'ar)) violates that subset of the anglo-american religion which I absolutely abhor and wish to see rendered unto the void.
I know we are not to mislead people, not to chase medical lorries (well... there are nuances here), etc.

But I will not cower in the face of your threats to a livelihood.
I will speak the truth, as I have, regardless of your pageantry.

And I will have you know, again, that licenses not supported by an interest are revocable by the grantor at his leisure.
(and, to note; if you had a legal refutation you would have made it, rather than engaging in an attempted threat to what you imagine is the supply of my monies)

Additionally, I would encourage those sanctioned by the CoC lovers to indeed, rescind the grant that has been given.
... and then to sue under copyright for statutory damages or profits, depending on the defendant (individuals should be sued for statutory damages, corps for profits).

I leave it up to your local barristers to sort the details, ofcourse.

(and if ever it should be, that your wish my come true, regarding my employ, what do I love so in life, that if I were to lose it I would rue?)