Re: [tip:x86/boot] x86/kaslr, ACPI/NUMA: Fix KASLR build error

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Mon Oct 08 2018 - 10:11:00 EST

On Mon, Oct 08, 2018 at 03:48:28PM +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> I think __weak functions are too fragile, when you do this and it
> turns out that another architecture does need to do something,
> you won't ever get any indication of it.
>
> If we know that arm64 doesn't need to do anything here, just
> add an arch/arm64/include/asm/kaslr.h with an empty function
> there.

I'm looking at fs/proc/vmcore.c and all those other weak functions there
and just doing the same.

Also, judging by

$ git grep CONFIG_PROC_VMCORE

output, ia64, mips and powerpc would need that include too.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix ImendÃrffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG NÃrnberg)