Pinmuxing and SDHC speeds on sdhci-esdhc-imx

From: Adam Ford
Date: Tue Oct 09 2018 - 09:38:42 EST

I have a question regarding the pinstate and the corresponding uhs_signaling.

The uhs_signaling shows a variety of timing options,

MMC_TIMING_UHS_SDR12, MMC_TIMING_UHS_SDR25:, MMC_TIMING_UHS_SDR50,
MMC_TIMING_UHS_SDR104, MMC_TIMING_MMC_HS200, MMC_TIMING_UHS_DDR50,
MMC_TIMING_MMC_DDR52, MMC_TIMING_MMC_HS400, and MMC_TIMING_LEGACY

However the esdhc_change_pinstate function only lists
MMC_TIMING_UHS_SDR50, MMC_TIMING_UHS_DDR50, MMC_TIMING_UHS_SDR104,
MMC_TIMING_MMC_HS200, and MMC_TIMING_MMC_HS40, and a defaut.

>From what I can tell, this means that MMC_TIMING_MMC_DDR52 uses the
default pinmux. I am wondering if it should use pins_100mhz. We have
an eMMC part that we want to operate at this point and it seems like
it missing. If so, I can submit a patch.

It also seems like that SDR12, SDR25 use the default. I assume this is OK.

adam