Re: [workqueue/driver-core PATCH 1/5] workqueue: Provide queue_work_near to queue work near a given NUMA node

From: Alexander Duyck
Date: Wed Oct 10 2018 - 11:34:08 EST

On 10/10/2018 8:30 AM, Tejun Heo wrote:
Hello,

+static int workqueue_select_cpu_near(int node)
+{
+ /* Use "random" otherwise know as "first" online CPU of node */
+ cpu = cpumask_any_and(cpumask_of_node(node), cpu_online_mask);

Maybe we wanna round-robin within the node?

I had thought about it. It adds extra complexity to do it and for unbound work queues it doesn't really add anything since it gets converted back into a node anyway.

If you wanted I could look at adding extra logic that would do the round-robin for non-unbound workqueues. I just wasn't sure if it was worth the effort since the current users are all unbound workqueues.

+bool queue_work_near(int node, struct workqueue_struct *wq,
+ struct work_struct *work)

Can we name it queue_work_node() to stay consistent with numa-aware
memory interface?

Yes. No problem.

Thanks.

Thanks for the review feedback.