[workqueue/driver-core PATCH v2 0/5] Add NUMA aware async_schedule calls

From: Alexander Duyck
Date: Wed Oct 10 2018 - 19:07:13 EST

This patch set provides functionality that will help to improve the
locality of the async_schedule calls used to provide deferred
initialization.

This patch set originally started out with me focused on just the one call
to async_schedule_domain in the nvdimm tree that was being used to
defer the device_add call however after doing some digging I realized the
scope of this was much broader than I had originally planned. As such I
went through and reworked the underlying infrastructure down to replacing
the queue_work call itself with a function of my own and opted to try and
provide a NUMA aware solution that would work for a broader audience.

RFC->v1:
Dropped nvdimm patch to submit later.
It relies on code in libnvdimm development tree.
Simplified queue_work_near to just convert node into a CPU.
Split up drivers core and PM core patches.
v1->v2:
Renamed queue_work_near to queue_work_node
Added WARN_ON_ONCE if we use queue_work_node with per-cpu workqueue

---

Alexander Duyck (5):
workqueue: Provide queue_work_node to queue work near a given NUMA node
async: Add support for queueing on specific NUMA node
driver core: Probe devices asynchronously instead of the driver
driver core: Attach devices on CPU local to device node
PM core: Use new async_schedule_dev command

drivers/base/bus.c | 23 ++----------
drivers/base/dd.c | 44 +++++++++++++++++++++++-
drivers/base/power/main.c | 12 +++---
include/linux/async.h | 36 ++++++++++++++++++-
include/linux/workqueue.h | 2 +