Re: Insanely high baud rates

From: Alan Cox
Date: Thu Oct 11 2018 - 08:31:48 EST

> I'm mostly wondering if it is worth future-proofing for new transports. It sounds like we can have a consensus on leaving the upper 4 bits of the speed fields reserved, but leave the details of implementation for the future?

It seems reasonable, although I think the reality is that any future
transport is not going to be a true serial link, but some kind of serial
emulation layer. For those the speed really only matters to tell editors
and the like not to bother being clever.

I mean - what is the baud rate of a pty ?

Alan