RE: [RFC v1 06/31] arch: um: enabled running kunit from User Mode Linux

From: Tim.Bird
Date: Wed Oct 17 2018 - 17:18:37 EST

Yes.

> If that's the case, KUnit could be helpful because of the low resource
> cost in running them and the speed at which they run.
True.

> There are some
> other features we would like to add which would help with that goal as
> well like test isolation. We actually have a presubmit server
> internally for running KUnit tests that can usually respond to patches
> with test results within a couple minutes. Would something like that
> be interesting?
I think the code and architecture of the software that handles presubmit,
mail-list scanning, notifications, etc. would be of interest. But KUnit features
themselves (macro definitions, mocking vs. faking, etc.) would not.
I only say that in the context of CC-ing the automated testing list on the patch set.
Of course the KUnit features are interesting by themselves for testers doing
unit testing.
-- Tim