Logitech high-resolution scrolling..

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sun Oct 28 2018 - 15:14:01 EST

So I use a Logitech MX Anywhere 2S mouse, and really like it. I have
the scroll-wheel unlocked, because I like flicking once to scroll a
lot.

However, the new high-res scroll code means that the scroll wheel
action is now much too sensitive. It's not even stable - it will
scroll back-and-forth a bit occasionally, and in fact it sometimes
seems to scroll not because I touch the scroll-wheel, but because the
movement of the mouse itself causes the scroll wheel to move slightly
and wiggle the scroll action.

So the recent change to enable the high-res scrolling really seems a
bit *too* extreme.

Is there some middle ground that turns the mouse from "look at it
sideways and it starts scrolling" to something slightly more
reasonable?

Linus