Re: The linux devs can rescind their license grant.

From: Bradley M. Kuhn
Date: Mon Oct 29 2018 - 18:48:52 EST

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 07:56:26AM +0000, visionsofalice@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> The linux devs can rescind their license grant.
Greg KH responded on Thu, 25 Oct 2018 09:19:11 +0100:
>> No they can not, please do not keep spreading false information.

I was explicitly cc'ed on this thread by visionsofalice. I've read the
with Greg and additionally provide some backup research on the point:
https://sfconservancy.org/news/2018/sep/26/GPLv2-irrevocability/

Software Freedom Conservancy engaged our legal counsel to write a new
section for the Copyleft Guide that further explains the irrevocability of
GPLv2. We published this when others raised these specious claims back in
September. Direct link to new section:
https://copyleft.org/guide/comprehensive-gpl-guidech8.html#x11-540007.4

HTH,
--
Bradley M. Kuhn
Distinguished Technologist of Software Freedom Conservancy