[PATCH v2 0/2] phy: cadence: Add driver and dt-bindings for Sierra PHY
From: Alan Douglas
Date: Wed Oct 31 2018 - 12:34:05 EST
The Cadence Sierra PHY supports a number of different protocols. This
series adds a driver with support for USB3 and PCIe modes.
Only one clock frequency is currently supported, so the value of clock
provided in device tree is ignored.
Changes since v1:
* Moved subnode resets into each subnode in devicetree bindings
* Modified driver to put subnode resets on exit
* Changed driver filename to phy-cdns-sierra.c
Changes since RFC v2:
* Devicetree bindings modified as suggested by Rob Herring.
* Tidy up and correction of return paths in probe function.
Changes since RFC v1:
* Each group of lanes is now treated as a subnode, and a generic PHY
device is created for each group.
* General cleanup based on comments
* A reset is now required for each subnode. The complete PHY block
is taken out of reset at initial probe, and remains out of reset.
* Added a binding to allow for hardware configuration of PHY registers
Alan Douglas (2):
dt-bindings: phy: Document cadence Sierra PHY bindings
phy: cadence: Add driver for Sierra PHY
.../devicetree/bindings/phy/cdns-sierra-phy.txt | 68 ++++
drivers/phy/Kconfig | 1 +
drivers/phy/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/phy/cadence/Kconfig | 9 +
drivers/phy/cadence/Makefile | 2 +
drivers/phy/cadence/phy-cdns-sierra.c | 395 +++++++++++++++++++++
6 files changed, 476 insertions(+)
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/phy/cdns-sierra-phy.txt
create mode 100644 drivers/phy/cadence/Kconfig
create mode 100644 drivers/phy/cadence/Makefile
create mode 100644 drivers/phy/cadence/phy-cdns-sierra.c