sama5d: using the ebi interface from another driver

From: Jean-Michel Hautbois
Date: Fri Nov 02 2018 - 09:34:22 EST

Hi all,

I have a custom board based on a sama5d3 chip. The SoC is connected to
2 pef24628 SHDSL transceivers, the first one on ebi@40000000 and the
second one on ebi@50000000.
I tried to write a basic char driver, using request_mem_region and
ioremap but I can't read or write into the device.
I have to say that the driver is based on a proprietary one, and
tested years ago on a PowerPC board.

Then, after looking into deeper details in the datasheet I understand
it is connected through EBI and it sounds not so easy :D.

I would appreciate some help/pointers on this, as there is (at least,
I could find) few documentation on how to use it except for NAND
cases.

I have something like that in my DTS, but not sure this is the correct
way to do it :

ebi: ebi@10000000 {
pinctrl-0 = <&pinctrl_ebi_nand_addr>;
pinctrl-names = "default";
status = "okay";

dsp0: pef24628@1 {
status = "okay";
compatible = "intel,pef24628";
#address-cells = <1>;
#size-cells = <1>;
reg = <0x1 0x0 0x8000>;
pinctrl-0 = <&pinctrl_dsp_cs1>;
};

dsp1: pef24628@2 {
status = "okay";
compatible = "intel,pef24628";
#address-cells = <1>;
#size-cells = <1>;
reg = <0x2 0x0 0x8000>;
pinctrl-0 = <&pinctrl_dsp_cs2>;
};

nand_controller: nand-controller {
status = "okay";

nand@3 {
reg = <0x3 0x0 0x2>;
atmel,rb = <0>;
nand-bus-width = <8>;
nand-ecc-mode = "hw";
nand-ecc-strength = <4>;
nand-ecc-step-size = <512>;
nand-on-flash-bbt;
label = "atmel_nand";

partitions {
compatible = "fixed-partitions";
#address-cells = <1>;
#size-cells = <1>;
[...]
};
};
};

The pinctrl for ebi should probably be changed however, I am wondering
how the (platform ?) driver can access the adress ? Should it parse
itself the parent, and find range, etc. Or is there an accessor for it
?

Maybe can I just manually toggle the CS GPIO, and don't try to make
anything more complex than what it should be ? The driver should not
be atmel dependant...

Thanks !
JM