Re: [RFC perf,bpf 1/5] perf, bpf: Introduce PERF_RECORD_BPF_EVENT

From: David Ahern
Date: Fri Nov 09 2018 - 12:08:13 EST

On 11/8/18 11:49 AM, Song Liu wrote:
> Could you please point me to more information about the use cases you worry
> about? I am more than happy to optimize the logic for those use cases.

bpf load and unload as just another tracepoint to throw into a set of
events that are monitored. As mentioned before auditing the loads and
unloads is one example.

And that brings up another comment: Why are you adding a PERF_RECORD_*
rather than a tracepoint? From what I can see the PERF_RECORD_BPF_EVENT
definition does not include the who is loading / unloading a bpf
program. That is important information as well.