Re: Official Linux system wrapper library?

From: Carlos O'Donell
Date: Sun Nov 11 2018 - 21:03:57 EST

On 11/10/18 2:58 PM, Vlastimil Babka wrote:
> On 11/10/18 8:20 PM, Greg KH wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 10:52:06AM -0800, Daniel Colascione wrote:
>>> Now that glibc is basically not adding any new system call wrappers,
>>
>> Why are they not doing that anymore?
>
> FYI just noticed there's a topic relevant to this in LPC Toolchain MC:
>
> https://linuxplumbersconf.org/event/2/contributions/149/

Yes, and Adhemerval put it there on purpose to continue the discussion
between glibc developers and kernel developers. Florian Weimer and I have
both provided input to that talk, so if something comes out of the talk
and you want to talk more, please just reach out.

I hope that kernel developers interested in this topic will attend
and discuss the various ways forward on certain interesting topics :-)

--
Cheers,
Carlos.