Re: Crash in msm serial on dragonboard with ftrace bootargs

From: Sai Prakash Ranjan
Date: Fri Nov 16 2018 - 05:50:09 EST

On 11/16/2018 9:09 AM, Viresh Kumar wrote:
On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 4:23 PM Srinivas Kandagatla
<srinivas.kandagatla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, this is not the solution, but it proves that the hand-off between
booloaders and kernel is the issue.

In general there is wider issue with resources hand-off between
bootloader and kernel.

There has been some proposal in the past by Viresh for a new framework
called boot-constriants (https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/12/14/440) which am
not sure if its still actively looked at. But something similar should
be the way to address such issues.

It isn't dead code yet and I am waiting to gain few more use-cases
before I attempt
to convince Greg again :)

Here is the code..

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/vireshk/linux.git boot-constraint

--
viresh

Maybe you can take this earlycon issue as a usecase.
I have added a boot constraint for earlycon on db410c and have sent a patch. Whenever you repitch boot-constraint, you can add that as well :)

Thanks,
Sai

--
QUALCOMM INDIA, on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member
of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation