Re: [patch 01/24] x86/speculation: Update the TIF_SSBD comment

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Wed Nov 21 2018 - 17:55:27 EST

On 11/21/2018 2:53 PM, Borislav Petkov wrote:
On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 11:48:41PM +0100, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
Btw, I really do not like the app2app wording. I'd rather go for usr2usr,
but that's kinda horrible as well. But then, all of this is horrible.

Any better ideas?

It needs to have "task isolation" in there somewhere as this is what it
does, practically. But it needs to be more precise as in "isolates the
tasks from influence due to shared hardware." :)

part of the problem is that "sharing" has multiple dimensions: time and space (e.g. hyperthreading)
which makes it hard to find a nice term for it other than describing who attacks whom