Re: PROPOSAL: Extend inline asm syntax with size spec

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Thu Nov 29 2018 - 08:07:29 EST

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 08:46:34PM +0900, Masahiro Yamada wrote:
> But, I'd like to ask if x86 people want to keep this macros.s approach.
> Revert 77b0bf55bc675 right now
> assuming the compiler will eventually solve the issue?

Yap, considering how elegant the compiler solution is and how much
problems this macros-in-asm thing causes, I think we should patch
out the latter and wait for gcc9. I mean, the savings are not so
mind-blowing to have to deal with the fallout.

But this is just my opinion.

Thx.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

ECO tip #101: Trim your mails when you reply.