Re: Configure video PAL decoder into media pipeline

From: Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi
Date: Sat Dec 08 2018 - 06:48:43 EST

Hi

On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 1:11 PM Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 12/07/2018 12:51 PM, Jagan Teki wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We have some unconventional setup for parallel CSI design where analog
> > input data is converted into to digital composite using PAL decoder
> > and it feed to adv7180, camera sensor.
> >
> > Analog input => Video PAL Decoder => ADV7180 => IPU-CSI0
>
> Just PAL? No NTSC support?

For now does not matter. I have registere the TUNER that support it
but seems that media-ctl is not suppose to work with the MEDIA_ENT_F_TUNER

Is this correct?

> > The PAL decoder is I2C based, tda9885 chip. We setup it up via dt
> > bindings and the chip is
> > detected fine.
> >
> > But we need to know, is this to be part of media control subdev
> > pipeline? so-that we can configure pads, links like what we do on
> > conventional pipeline or it should not to be part of media pipeline?
>
> Yes, I would say it should be part of the pipeline.

Ok I have created a draft patch to add the adv some new endpoint but
is sufficient to declare tuner type in media control?

Michael

--
| Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi Amarula Solutions BV |
| COO - Founder Cruquiuskade 47 |