Re: [tip:x86/build] x86/um/vdso: Drop implicit common-page-size linker flag

From: Nick Desaulniers
Date: Tue Dec 11 2018 - 14:08:45 EST

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 10:06 AM Borislav Petkov <bp@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 09:53:49AM -0800, Nick Desaulniers wrote:
> > Indeed it was. I'm forced to use Gmail's clients for this work
> > account and all that implies (no plain text responses when mobile).
>
> Can't you access it over imap?

Personal gmail account, yes. Corporate gmail, no, IIUC. There was a
pretty big internal thread where all of our kernel contributors got
cut off one day and were scrambling to figure out how to send/review
patches as their workflows were interrupted. Something is still not
configured right when I send patches (maintainers have merged patches
with my email address but no name, I assume from working with mbox
files).

We have some internal tool that's smtp based but does the two factor
authentication.

> > Maybe I can file a bug about this internally...
>
> FWIW, people have looked for ways to report such issues in the past...
>
> But in this particular case, DKIM is pretty good spam protection
> mechanism so enabling it is a good idea.

Internal Gmail developers were able to help me verify that SPF was
setup correctly, but indeed there's no DKIM. This article has more
info: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126?hl=en. Richard, I
don't know if that's a lot of work on your end, but other folks using
gmail might have the same issue repeatedly with receiving emails from
your domain otherwise.

--
Thanks,
~Nick Desaulniers