Re: 4.14 backport request for dbdda842fe96f: "printk: Add console owner and waiter logic to load balance console writes"

From: Daniel Wang
Date: Wed Dec 12 2018 - 15:11:45 EST

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 9:43 AM Sasha Levin <sashal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> I am sorry that I did not CC you. There were so many people in CC.
> >> I expected that all people mentioned in the related commit message
> >> were included by default.
> >
> >No worries! I'm not blaming anyone.

> >> This should not be a problem. I guess that stable does not modify
> >> the original commit messages unless there is a change.
> >
> >Agreed.
>
> I'll be happy to add anything you want to the commit message. Do you
> have a blurb you want to use?

If we still get to amend the commit message, I'd like to add "Cc:
stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" in the sign-off area. According to
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v4.12/process/stable-kernel-rules.html#option-1
patches with that tag will be automatically applied to -stable trees.
It's unclear though if it'll get applied to ALL -stable trees. For my
request, I care at least about 4.19 and 4.14. So maybe we can add two
lines, "Cc: <stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> # 4.14.x" and "Cc:
<stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> # 4.19.x".

--
Best,