Re: WIP Droid 4 voice calls, GNSS & PM with a TS 27.010 serdev driver

From: Tony Lindgren
Date: Fri Dec 28 2018 - 17:28:23 EST

Hi,

* Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxx> [181228 20:46]:
> I have ofone with direct AT access --
> https://github.com/pavelmachek/unicsy_demo/blob/master/ofone/at.py .

OK thanks, that shows some of the commands I was wondering about.

> Now, ttyUSB4 provides quite a rich interface, and you can actually
> select what if you want messages in text and PDU format, and if you
> want modem to auto-acknowledge messages for you.

So which AT command configures auto-ack of SMS? I don't need it,
just wondering what all these commands do.

> What kind of battery life do you get with all the optimalizations?
> IIRC I was getting 7h with ttyUSB4 in use...

With droid4-pending-mdm-v4.20 branch in the following state:

- UARTs idled
- LCD blanked (well no drivers yet droid4-sms-read.rb)
- MUSB and EHCI USB modules unloaded
- OHCI loaded with all the children in autosuspend via sysfs
- WLAN connected
- busybox acpid stopped (yup, it keeps polling something???)
- MDM6600 online with AT+CFUN=1 on /dev/motmdm1
- MDM6600 notifications disabled with AT+SCRN=0 on /motmdm1
- droid4-sms-read.rb running

I'm seeing droid 4 idle at 119mW according to my power supply.
So I guess theoretical battery life would currently be
(1785mWh * 3.8V) / 119mW = 57h. But in practise things are not
completely idle and monitoring sysfs POWER_SUPPLY_POWER_AVG
every 10 seconds I'm seeing something along these 10 samples:

POWER_SUPPLY_POWER_AVG=138938
POWER_SUPPLY_POWER_AVG=134571
POWER_SUPPLY_POWER_AVG=505802
POWER_SUPPLY_POWER_AVG=240412
POWER_SUPPLY_POWER_AVG=134252
POWER_SUPPLY_POWER_AVG=132694
POWER_SUPPLY_POWER_AVG=571569
POWER_SUPPLY_POWER_AVG=132694
POWER_SUPPLY_POWER_AVG=190456
POWER_SUPPLY_POWER_AVG=518288

So the average based on that sampling is about 270mW and the idle
time should be about 1785 * 3.8 / 270 = 25h, which is quite usable
already :)

Regards,

Tony