Re: [GIT PULL] Please pull NFS client updates for 4.21

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Jan 02 2019 - 19:48:31 EST

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 2:42 PM Schumaker, Anna
<Anna.Schumaker@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We also were unable to track down a maintainer for Neil Brown's changes to
> the generic cred code that are prerequisites to his RPC cred cleanup patches.
> We've been asking around for several months without any response, so
> hopefully it's okay to include those patches in this pull request.

Looks ok to me, although I wonder what the semantics of cred_fscmp()
are across namespaces?

IOW, it seems potentially a bit suspicious to do cred_fscmp() if the
two creds have different namnespaces? Hmm?

Is there some reason that can't happen, or some reason it doesn't matter?

Linus